Friday, September 16, 2022

Light the flames and pay the price!

 

 


 

When I sit to scribble the lyrics of pain and heartbreak,

 I find my words dancing in the flames to the tune of your betrayal..

 

And before I can even start to put my pen to paper, my conversations with your ghost get so real that I forget the purpose of my life,

Let alone the idea of writing the bitterness of a heartbreak!!

 

The truth is that even the unreal conversations hurt,

 You spill thorns even in my imagination,

 And the maze of mutual resentment and accusations burn my heart,

The uncertain ebb and flow of a deep longing and the adversity smacks the sanity,

N in a split second my heart wants to end the unrealistic conversations and reluctantly return to senses..

 

In a flash, a small, simple but significant thought crosses my mind out of the blue,

That if I had another heart, would I let you break that too without any tussle??

Would I choose you over and over again, after every fight and disappointment??

Do I still wait with empty hands and open arms? What breaks my heart more? Is it the distance between us, your absence or the closure with a thought that we closed the book before the story truly finished!

 

Looking back at the paper I figured out that some things are better left unsaid..

Asked  my heart to prolong the pretension and bring together the broken pieces,

Cry and scream but learn not to make people your destiny who were born just to be your history.

 

Leave the paper blank and feel your heartbreak!

 

Take a good long look in the mirror and

Let go…

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment